Be it enacted by the Hancock Town Board as follows:
Alternate member – A person appointed by the town board to participate in the place of a planning board member in the event of a conflict of interest or other factor such as illness, vacation or other absences.
• Such alternate members shall enjoy the same rights and privileges as the regular board members, including the right to participate in all decisions; in the event of a conflict of interest or other factor such as illness, vacation or other absences.
• The alternate member(s) shall be appointed by Resolution of the Town Board for a term of seven (7) years.
• When a board member has been disqualified the board chair shall authorize said members voting authority to the first alternate member. Such designation shall be entered into the minutes of the initial Planning Board meeting at which the substitution is made.
• All provisions relating to Planning Board member training and continuing education, attendance, conflict of interest, compensation, eligibility, vacancy in office, removal and service on other Boards shall also apply to alternate members.
• Any further reference herein to board shall include any alternate member.
This Local Law is adopted pursuant to Municipal Home Rule Law Section 10 and is specifically intended to supersede the provisions of Town Law Section 271 (15) that restrict substitution of alternate members of planning boards to instances of conflict of interest.
Filed with the Department of State October 22, 2014
Copyright © 2004, Town of Hancock